Monday, May 12, 2014

Meet the #Author Monday - KG Stutts


Please tell us a bit about yourself: My name is KG Stutts. I’m happily married, living in North Carolina. A lover of Star Wars, Disney, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Star Trek, and video games. I wear my geek flag proudly.
Tell us about Mirror Image: It’s book one in a sci-fi romance story. Maddie is a brilliant woman who finds out she’s a clone, created by a secret government agency the Intergalactic Security Commission. Maddie must work with her counterpart, Mack, to protect Earth and each other when an enemy from within threatens everything.
What inspired you to write this particular story?: I kept having dreams for about a month were I was Maddie and I got to experience this crazy upside down world. I became obsessed with it and couldn’t get it out of my head so I started writing.
Please share a favourite snippet from your book: My favorite part is a huge spoiler so I can’t go into it. One of my favorite scenes which I can share is in chapter three. Several of the main characters are in a bar and they start opening up to one another. Three of them are brothers and this scene is just very telling about who these guys really are. 
"I'm curious about something,” Logan said, breaking the quiet. “You work with our counterparts, correct?"
"I do. They work in a different department than I do, but we work on the same floor," Maddie said.
"How different are we from them?" Logan asked.
"From my experiences, not that different. The eyes give you away though," Maddie told him.
"What do you mean?" John asked.
"I can look in your eyes and see the pain you mask. Seth is better at it than you are, but I can still see it. You've lived a rough life," Maddie told him.
Almost instantly, the three of them broke their gaze.
"It's okay. I can't imagine that this life is an easy one," Maddie said, quickly backtracking.
"It's not," Logan simply said.
"Wow, you got them pegged," Jackson said with a laugh.
"You too, jerkface. You fought in most of the same battles as we have," Seth said, tossing a few peanuts at Jackson.
"You certainly are different than I expected you to be," John said as he put out his cigarette. Logan nodded in agreement.
"And how did you expect me to be?" Maddie asked.
"Honestly? Docile. Meek," John responded.
"I guess I'm supposed to be." Maddie frowned.
"Don't say that. Don't sound like you are apologizing," John said.
Maddie tossed back another shot. "I appreciate that."
"No, I'm serious. Don't apologize for who you are, Maddie. You are a beautiful person, inside and out. You are warm and funny. Plus, you can shoot pool and alcohol like no girl I've ever known," John told her.
"Maybe you've been hanging out with the wrong kind of girls." Maddie smiled at him.
"You may be onto something there." John grinned.

Which comes first for you – a character's looks, personality or name?: Personality always comes first. Some names come with the personality. Looks always come last.
Any tips for aspiring authors?: Keep writing. Don’t be discouraged by rejection. Do what you love and the rest will follow.

Questions for fun:
If you had the power of time travel, is there anything you would go back and change? Why/why not?: My mom died when I was 18 and she and I had gotten into a big fight hours before…if I could go back in time, I would’ve apologized, hugged her one last time, and told her I loved her.
What super-power would you choose?: The ability to fly.
If you could have three wishes, what would they be?: For Mirror Image to make it to the top 100 list on Amazon, to be able to visit Tokyo Disney, and to go to a Green Bay Packer game live with my friends
Coffee, tea or wine?: I recently cut out caffeine so I would have to say a sweet blush wine
What is your favourite book? (aside from one of your own!): It’s really hard to pin down a favorite book. One of my most recent favorites is Birth of an Empire: the Beginning (Xarrok series) by Catrina Taylor
Favourite genre and why?: Sci-fi and mystery. I grew up on Agatha Christie and Star Wars comics
Favourite colour?: Purple
Upcoming news and plans for the future?: Have a romance story coming out in June. The second in the Mirror Series will have a release date shortly. Currently writing book three in the Mirrors series and book one on a new sci-fi romance series.

Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to us! Thank you for having me!

Smashwords buy link: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/432022
Amazon buy link: http://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Image-K-G-Stutts-ebook/dp/B00JWZZ20W

Website: KGStutts.webs.com
Twitter: KGStutts
Facebook: facebook.com/KGStutts
Blog: kgstutts.blogspot.com
Group: facebook.com/groups/mirrorseries

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation